Do you need drain cleaning or sewer cleaning? Why is your sump pump making loud noises? Our experts are here to offer some advice on these common plumbing concerns among Johnson City, TN property owners:
Frequently Asked Questions
The Marc Francis Plumbing team is here to answer all your plumbing questions!
Are Water Heaters 110v or 220v? Which Voltage Is the Right Option for My Home?
- Larger water heaters that supply hot water for an entire property run on 220 volts. If you only need point-of-use heating on select fixtures in your home, you may be able to make do with a smaller unit that runs on 110 volts.
How Can I Prevent My Water Heater From Catching on Fire?
- Regular professional maintenance is the best way to keep your water heater from becoming a potential hazard. At Marc Francis Plumbing, we offer tune-up services that can keep your unit in excellent condition all year round, so you don't have to worry about stressful and costly accidents.
What Size of Sewer Line Pipe Is Best for My House?
- The standard sewer line pipe size for residential buildings is four inches. If you have a larger household, you may benefit from a larger sewer line. Feel free to reach out to our experts for some professional insight.
Why Does My Sump Pump Make Noise?
- If your sump pump sounds like a washing machine, there might be a problem with the check valve. Our technicians would be more than happy to assess your unit and recommend an appropriate fix.
Should My Toilet Waste Drains Be 3 Inches or 4 Inches?
- Bigger pipes can handle more waste and are less likely to clog. In general, four-inch pipes can carry twice the waste of three-inch pipes. We generally recommend using the former for older homes. However, for newer low-flow toilets, 3-inch pipes are sometimes the better option. It's best to have a professional plumber evaluate the toilet and surrounding plumbing to determine the ideal pipe size.
Why Is My Sewage Ejector Pump Making Strange or Humming Noises?
- Most sewage ejector pumps make a quiet humming noise when operational. If you notice your unit running louder than usual or not working properly, it’s time to give us a call. Our technicians can check the system for clogs, component damage, and other issues to eliminate the source of the noise.
What’s the Difference Between Drain Cleaning and Sewer Cleaning?
- Clogged drains are basically a rite of passage for the average homeowner. If you’re dealing with an isolated situation—like a slow draining shower or a clogged kitchen sink—a drain cleaning is often enough to fix the problem. When you experience poor drainage across multiple fixtures on your property, the issue likely lies in your sewage system. This line is where all your home’s pipes meet to transfer waste from your plumbing into the sewer collection. In this case, professional sewer cleaning is the best solution.
Do you have more questions about your plumbing? We encourage you to reach out to our friendly experts at Marc Francis Plumbing by calling 423-915-9260 today! We serve all of Johnson City, TN, and the Tri-Cities area.