If you’re a homeowner, you’ve most likely dealt with a clogged drain at some point or another. Whether it’s a clogged kitchen sink that won’t drain after washing dishes or a shower drain stuffed to the brim with hair and soap, it’s a huge inconvenience and energy consumer when your daily life is interrupted. The important thing to do is call a professional plumber who can properly clear all clogs and help create personalized solutions to prevent the issue in the future. At Marc Francis Plumbing we are your reliable Johnson City, TN, plumbing company. We offer detailed drain cleaning services that’ll have your pipes flowing again in no time!
Dealing with constant clogs in your home? Consider a whole home repipe instead! It boosts your property value and solves many of your nagging plumbing issues once and for all.
Signs You Have a Clogged Drain
When suffering from a clogged drain, some symptoms are more obvious than others. If you notice any of these signs, we highly recommend seeking professional expertise right away to prevent any future damage.
- Slow Draining Water - One of the most common signs of a clogged drain is a sink or shower that takes a long time to fully drain. If you’re showering and notice water filling up to your ankles, you most likely are dealing with a clogged drain.
- Foul Odors - If you notice a foul smelling odor emitting from your drain, the culprit is definitely a nasty clog. Hair, soap scum, and other debris often cause clogged drains and can result in stinky odors.
- Strange Noises - A drain free of clogs definitely won’t make strange noises so if your fixtures are producing a gurgling noise, it could be a warning sign for your home.
For most homeowners, clogs start off small and eventually stop the flow of water completely. Before you try using a store-bought cleaner, remember that many of these chemicals are abrasive and can cause more damage to your pipes than help.
What Causes Clogs?
No matter how common drain clogs may be, they definitely aren’t random occurrences. Behind every clogged drain, there’s a culprit causing it. It’s important to know preventative measures so you can decrease your chances of dealing with clogged drains. Some of the most common causes behind clogged drains include:
- Hair - Hair is the number one cause behind clogged drains in homes worldwide. With combing, washing, and shaving, it’s no wonder that all those stray hairs can get trapped inside the drains and prevent the flow of water.
- Excessive Toilet Paper Use - Most people use way more toilet paper than needed to actually get the job done. All of the excessive toilet paper being flushed constantly makes it easy for blockages to occur and get in the way of water flow.
- Mineral Buildup - If your home suffers from hard water, your pipes are more susceptible to mineral buildup versus someone who has a water softener system. Hard minerals such as magnesium and calcium are common causes of clogged drains.
- Food - Many people treat their garbage disposal as if it were indestructible and unfortunately, our pipes are the ones that suffer. When food gets stuck in our pipes, it can prevent the flow of water and cause some major drainage issues.
When you need drain cleaning solutions for your commercial property, be sure to ask our Tri-Cities plumbing experts about our hydro jetting services!
Why Opt for Professional Drain Cleaning?
Nothing is more aggravating to a homeowner than a clogged drain that just won’t go away. When you call on one of our trusted, knowledgeable technicians over at Marc Francis Plumbing, we’ll be happy to assist in all your drain cleaning needs with long-lasting, customized solutions.
DIY projects are fun and budget-friendly, but our professional drain cleaning services are thorough and effective every single time. Our trained experts offer quality, professional service as well as 24/7 emergency plumbing assistance to homeowners all over Johnson City, TN, and the surrounding areas!